[KurdishLinux] Anyone Alive ?

Niels Dettenbach nd at syndicat.com
Tue Jan 6 11:57:38 CET 2015

Am Sonntag, 4. Januar 2015, 08:52:03 schrieb zertux n:
> Hi, anyone alive on this ?
>
> ZerTux - Erbil

Hi ZerTux,

many thanks for your posting.

As you can see in the poublic archive the last mails over this list was years
ago. There are a fewpeople on this list until today.

A collegue from Suly/Berlin (Kyam) and me (Niels / Germany) founded this list
around ten years ago in order to find and connect other kurdish peoples
interested in linux and open source and to provide a node where beginners can
met experienced peoples, share experiences and help. At that time we both
worked for different internet providers in the iraqi kurdish region (GoranNet
Suly, KurdistanNet Erbil, Mobitel, Asian-Net Suly) and international satellite
carriers as internet and open source experts. While Kyam's Focus is more on
networking i'm more experienced in internet services and applications /
development.

But unfortunately open source seems to be not a broad known topic at that time
in kurdistan. It would be nice if this list could help peoples today and/or in
the future.

If you or your colleagues are interested to use this list or/and to build up a
local LUG we are open to help you on a technical level or with these list and
some further server ressources and if there are peoples interested in maintain
this list as moderators or similiar this would be possible too if it get more
active, because both of us did not have very much spare time for such a
project today too.

Feel free to ask / contact in case of any further questions.

cheerioh,

Niels.

--
 ---